From Juan Rodríguez Hortalá <juan.rodriguez.hort...@gmail.com>
Subject Built-in functions in Phoenix
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2014 18:02:57 GMT
Hi,

In another message to this list, I saw a reference to
http://phoenix-hbase.blogspot.com.es/2013/04/how-to-add-your-own-built-in-function.html?m=1,
where it's shown how to create a scalar built-in function in Phoenix. I'm
surprised because I though UDF's were not in the roadmap, according to this
Jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-538 where it says "until
coprocessors have a way to run inside their own sandbox, we'd want to have
a way to disable this feature". I think this feature is very interesting,
so I'm wondering whether this built-in functions are executed in the client
or in the Region Servers as coprocessors. If that's the case, are they
running in a sandboxed environment to protect the Region Servers?

Thanks a lot for the information,

Greetings,

Juan Rodríguez Hortalá