From Jerry Lam <chiling...@gmail.com>
Subject specifying bytes in column name for "CREATE VIEW"
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 20:42:10 GMT
Hello Phoenix users,

I wonder if anyone knows how to specify column name in byte for "CREATE
VIEW".

I have an existing hbase table in which each  column name is encoded in a
single java byte (i.e. values between -128 and 127). How can I create view
with column names that map to a byte?

I tried the following:

create view "my_hbase_table" (id VARCHAR primary key, "f"."01" VARCHAR);
create view "my_hbase_table" (id VARCHAR primary key, "f"."\x01" VARCHAR);
create view "my_hbase_table" (id VARCHAR primary key, "f"."1" VARCHAR);

none of them works. Do you have a solution for this?

Best Regards,

Jerry