From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Date deserialization change in 3.0
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 15:16:05 GMT
Existing date/time types are now represented by UNSIGNED_DATE,
UNSIGNED_TIME, and UNSIGNED_TIMESTAMP. If you have code that matches on
DATE, TIME, or TIMESTAMP, it should be changed to use the UNSIGNED
equivalent.

Also, not sure if you've done this yet, but you should run your tables
through our upgrade process:
http://phoenix.incubator.apache.org/upgrade_from_2_2.html

This will (among other things), change the metadata as described above (so
if you're not explicitly referencing PDataType date/time types, but driving
off of the DatabaseMetaData calls, no change would be necessary).

The reason we made this change, is so that we can support negative
date/time values (which we've had a few requests for).

Thanks,
James