From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Built-in functions in Phoenix
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2014 07:49:10 GMT
Hi Juan,
Good question. We're definitely interested in contributions for any
built-ins that folks think are useful, provided that they're generally
useful and follow SQL standards. In the past we've taken these and bundled
them in the next release of Phoenix. So please feel free to contribute.

The JIRA you mentioned (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-538)
is more about having a way for built-in functions to be dynamically loaded.
We're open to that as well, but until coprocessors have a way of being
"sandboxed", we'd need a way to disable the feature, as I suspect many
companies would consider this a potential security hole (and thus want a
way of disabling it).

Thanks,
James