From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Best way to execute batch of queries
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2014 16:16:42 GMT
Hi Amit,
Would it be possible to post your CREATE TABLE statement, the EXPLAIN on
the query, and the query itself so we can better diagnose any issues?

>From your description above, you're executing the right query - it's always
better to query for multiple rows versus executing a single query for each
row (this is typically the case for any query engine).

Batching is implemented in 2.2.3 and above, but not for performance
reasons. Some products for which we have integration rely on a JDBC driver
to support batching, so that's why it was added. Batching does not buy you
anything in Phoenix, because it's an embedded JDBC driver.

Thanks,
James