From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RFE: using native HBase timestamp(version) to optimize date range queries in Phoenix
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2014 15:45:57 GMT
Hi Vladimir,
By default, Phoenix queries show you the "latest" data. You can override
this at connection time and do "flashback" queries, DDL, and DML as
described here:
http://phoenix.incubator.apache.org/faq.html#Can_phoenix_work_on_tables_with_arbitrary_timestamp_as_flexible_as_HBase_API

What ever optimizations HBase does, Phoenix will see too, since at the end
of the day, we're issuing a regular set of scans.

Is this the kind of functionality for which you're looking? Or is it more
along the lines of a query returning multiple versions of the same row:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-590? This isn't supported yet.

Or maybe something else?

Thanks,
James