From Alexey Kharlamov <aharla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase 0.96 & Hive support
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2014 17:27:07 GMT
Hello!

Thank you all for your help.

--
Alexey Kharlamov
On 1 Mar 2014 at 00:00:15, Nick Dimiduk (ndimiduk@gmail.com) wrote:

I'll add to Stan's summary: the effort to add DataType API to HBase [0] is driven by precisely
this kind of use-case. When applications all agree on the encoding format, this level of interop
becomes far simpler and more predictable. As Stan says, we're not there yet, but I'm optimistic
;)

[0]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8089