From Wei Tan <w...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: mutable index-- where is read old and delete
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 21:41:56 GMT
Thanks Jesse, that is exactly what I was asking...
Wei

---------------------------------
Wei Tan, PhD
Research Staff Member
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
http://researcher.ibm.com/person/us-wtan

From:   Jesse Yates <jesse.k.yates@gmail.com>
To:     user@phoenix.incubator.apache.org,
Date:   02/27/2014 09:59 PM
Subject:        Re: mutable index-- where is read old and delete

For the mutable index case, that's all part of the PhoenixIndexCodec.
Since the base table hasn't changed (data doesn't disappear from HBase) we
can actually rebuild what the index row key is and issue a delete for it,
and then add our new index entry from the pending put.
It all goes through the covered index builder.