From Sumanta Gh <sumanta...@tcs.com>
Subject Re: Exception during executing query on dynamic column using JDBC
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 13:10:07 GMT
If I use normal SQL statements instead of prepared statements, the JDBC
code works.

Regards
Sumanta Ghosh

From:
Sumanta Gh <sumanta.gh@tcs.com>
To:
user@phoenix.incubator.apache.org
Date:
31-03-2014 18:11
Subject:
Exception during executing query on dynamic column using JDBC

Hi
When I run this query [1] from sqlline, it works fine.
But using JDBC prepared statements, I get following error [2].
The column "speed" is a dynamic column and I want to filter rows based on
it's value.

[1] SELECT * FROM test ("speed" DECIMAL) WHERE "speed" < 90;
[2] Caused by: org.springframework.dao.DataIntegrityViolationException:
PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [SELECT * FROM test("speed" DECIMAL) WHERE
"speed"<? ]; ERROR 203 (22005): Type mismatch. DECIMAL and CHAR for
com.salesforce.phoenix.parse.LessThanParseNode[speed, :1]; nested
exception is com.salesforce.phoenix.schema.TypeMismatchException: ERROR
203 (22005): Type mismatch. DECIMAL and CHAR for
com.salesforce.phoenix.parse.LessThanParseNode[speed, :1]
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.doTranslate(
SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.java:100)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(
AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:73)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(
AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:81)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(
AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:81)
        at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(
JdbcTemplate.java:658)
        at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(
JdbcTemplate.java:693)
        at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(
JdbcTemplate.java:725)
        at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(
JdbcTemplate.java:735)
        at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(
JdbcTemplate.java:785)
        at com.ripsac.sos.dao.hbase.impl.ObservationDAOHbaseImpl.findAll(
ObservationDAOHbaseImpl.java:72)
        ... 28 more
Caused by: com.salesforce.phoenix.schema.TypeMismatchException: ERROR 203
(22005): Type mismatch. DECIMAL and CHAR for
com.salesforce.phoenix.parse.LessThanParseNode[speed, :1]
        at
com.salesforce.phoenix.compile.ExpressionCompiler.checkComparability(
ExpressionCompiler.java:156)
        at
com.salesforce.phoenix.compile.ExpressionCompiler.checkComparability(
ExpressionCompiler.java:190)
        at com.salesforce.phoenix.compile.ExpressionCompiler.visitLeave(
ExpressionCompiler.java:204)

Regards
Sumanta Ghosh
and any attachments. Thank you