From Otis Gospodnetic <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Schema on read vs. secondary indexes
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 02:58:15 GMT
Hi,

When I saw "Schema on read" my heart jumped because I thought that meant:

1) being able to insert rows without having to define columns ahead of
time, and

2) being able to query against any column in a row without having to know
which columns one will be searching against.  For example, if a row with
"anyRandomColumn" gets added, I could run a query like select .... where
anyRandomColumn='foo' and select that row even though I didn't set a
secondary index on anyRandomColumn.

But after reading a bit about Phoenix I think Phoenix can do 1), but cannot
do 2) -- one has to tell it which columns to build indexes.  Is this
correct?

Thanks,
Otis