phoenix-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Abe Weinograd <>
Subject Re: JDBC result iteration is slow
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 14:29:05 GMT
I spent a little more time with this and am still unable to tune the client
properly.  I am testing using sqlline, Squirrel and just using the JDBC
driver in code.  I tried setting the hbase scanner caching in the JDBC
connection, in addition to putting it in the hbase-site.xml in the same dir
as the jar for sqlline.  I think my client is bottlenecked, partly cause
the CPU spikes and ~30 secs to retrieve 1,000 rows.

I expect to retrieve a lot more than this in our use cases.  Is this a
tuning issue on my end or is this expected behavior.


On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 10:19 AM, Abe Weinograd <> wrote:

> Trying to pull around 100k rows through the JDBC driver.  I
> set hbase.client.scanner.caching to 10000 in the JDBC connection options.
>  Additionally, its very slow with even 1,000 rows (about 30 seconds to
> iterate over it).
> I assume this is a client side issue, but not sure what else I can tweak.
> Thanks,
> Abe

View raw message