From Abe Weinograd <...@flonet.com>
Subject Re: JDBC result iteration is slow
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 14:29:05 GMT
I spent a little more time with this and am still unable to tune the client
properly.  I am testing using sqlline, Squirrel and just using the JDBC
driver in code.  I tried setting the hbase scanner caching in the JDBC
connection, in addition to putting it in the hbase-site.xml in the same dir
as the jar for sqlline.  I think my client is bottlenecked, partly cause
the CPU spikes and ~30 secs to retrieve 1,000 rows.

I expect to retrieve a lot more than this in our use cases.  Is this a
tuning issue on my end or is this expected behavior.

Thanks,
Abe