From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Salt buckets for constantly growing table
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 16:56:27 GMT
Hi Amit,
Yes, I'd recommend using salt buckets. A table cannot "outgrow" the
buckets, as we allocate the salt byte by mod-ing with the number of salt
buckets. You can set the number of salt buckets based on the size of your
cluster. Perhaps 1 or 2x the number of region servers. Do some perf testing
and see what works best for your use case and environment.
Thanks,
James