From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: performance on created table on existing hbase table
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 17:04:56 GMT
Hi Weiping,
Take a look at our FAQ here[1] and in particular, this question "How I
create Views in Phoenix? What's the difference between Views/Tables?". You
can map to existing HBase tables, depending on how you formed your row key
and how you serialized you key value data.

We also support bulk loading of CSV files through either our bin/psql.py
script or through map-reduce.

Typically, in HBase, you design your table with a composite row key. This
is supported in Phoenix by defining a primary key constraint with more than
one column. If you describe your use case here, we can give you advice on
the most optimal schema. Since it sounds like you're in the evaluation
phase, I'd recommend creating a new table and trying our bin/psql.py
script. In that way, you'll get some feel for importing data as well as
querying it.

Thanks,
James

[1] http://phoenix.incubator.apache.org/faq.html