From Weiping Qu ...@informatik.uni-kl.de>
Subject Re: performance on created table on existing hbase table
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 17:30:10 GMT
Hi James,

Thank you for this quick and decent reply.
I followed one previous discussion found in the web and now I've create
a phoenix table (with the table name, cf name and column names double
quoted) on my existing table.
Now I am able to get data from data. Happy to see LIMIT works there.
I am using hbase 0.94.4 and phoenix 1.2.1 which TINYINT might not be
suppored, I guest.

Apart from that, as your webpage suggests, performance on view is not as
good as that on created table.
I'd like to ask what I've created actually  using CREATE TABLE
"tblname"("cf"."cl"...). A phoenix view on hbase table or simply a new
phoenix table, cause I didn't find a new table created in hbase.

As you said, my row key is composite key, but all participants have been
concatenated as VARCHAR, or java.lang.String as one in my customized MR
bulk loader.

I'd like to first to give it a try so far. Hope to see some performance
improvements compared to yesterday.

Thanks again,
Best,
Weiping