From Weiping Qu ...@informatik.uni-kl.de>
Subject performance on created table on existing hbase table
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 16:36:30 GMT
Hello,

I am new to phoenix.
Before getting touch with Phoenix, I used my own customized MapReduce
jobs to Bulk load my hbase table (using HFileOutpuFormat), and I found
in the web that the scan performance can be improved by using phoenix,
especially LIMIT clause is supported by Phoenix query optimizer.
So I'd like to try Phoenix for my test.

But how can I use phoenix to query my existing table. Do I have to
create table on that?
Or I have to create a phoenix table, then the question turns to whether
I still can use my own MapReduce jobs to populate the phoenix table.
In which case, the performance is better?

Kindly help me out
Thanks
Weiping