From Ankur5 C <ankur...@tcs.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix becomes unreachable
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 05:19:09 GMT
Hi,

I am using Phoenix HBase for quite sometime . Initially I was trying with a pseudo cluster
HBase , with the phoenix-2.2.2.jar in lib directory of HBase and phoenix-2.2.2-client.jar
in my cleint machine . I have the ip host mapping in my client machine's host file. All was
working fine . Now I am trying to deploy my application with pheonix in an HBase cluster environment.
I have placed the phoenix-2.2.2.jar in lib direcrtory of hbase in my region server and client
jar in my client application vm. Now my system becomes idle when my application starts up
, when my application is going to connect to phoenix. However I have tried to sqlline.sh in
my master node and have connected phoenix. But from application everything becomes idle. The
same codebase and configuration has been done as was done for pseudo cluster environment when
everything was in one node , however my client in some other remote machine.

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,
Ankur Chakraborty-----James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org> wrote: -----
To: "user@phoenix.incubator.apache.org" <user@phoenix.incubator.apache.org>
From: James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org>
Date: 02/17/2014 10:54PM
Subject: Re: Phoenix becomes unreachable

How big a heap have you configured on the client and region server? Just a wild guess, but
it sounds like it could be an OOM error.

James

On Monday, February 17, 2014, Russell Jurney <russell.jurney@gmail.com> wrote:

Has anyone observed this behavior? After running for hours or a couple days, Phoenix becomes
unreachable by JDBC, and sqlline.sh just freezes.

There is no debug output indicating an error. Anyone know how to debug this?

--
Russell Jurney twitter.com/rjurney russell.jurney@gmail.com datasyndrome.com