From Abe Weinograd <...@flonet.com>
Subject cdh5 and hbase 0.95.2
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 02:53:27 GMT
I was following a thread on the old GitHub repo and google group about post
0.94 compatibility.  I have CDH5 installed (HBase 0.95.2).  I built and
deployed the latest of the master branch on the apache repo.  Should this
work?  Right now, I am getting the following error on trying to connect:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Not a host:port pair: PBUF
'
ip-10-10-0-12.ec2.internal\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd(
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Addressing.parseHostname(Addressing.java:60)
 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ServerName.<init>(ServerName.java:101)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ServerName.parseVersionedServerName(ServerName.java:283)