From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is there "list" in SQL?
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 19:14:33 GMT
It's similar to Postgres:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/arrays.html

But we only support a very limited subset of functionality right now:
- declaration of an ARRAY in CREATE ddl statement
- UPSERT of an entire array
- SELECT of an entire array
- SELECT of an element using my_array[one_based_position] notation
- a built-in function for the length of the array: ARRAY_LENGTH(my_array)

Ram - would you mind adding a one pager on our array support? You can write
it in markdown and Mujtaba can probably help you get it linked into the
site.

Thanks,
James