From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SYSTEM.TABLE
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 19:07:19 GMT
In 3.0, the system table will have a new name: SYSTEM.CATALOG. This is so
that the Github 2.x version and the Apache 3.0 can coexist. This change has
already been made in the master branch.

It's best to interact with this table through the metadata APIs. Both
Sqlline and Squirrel support those. For Sqlline, you use the !tables,
!describe <table_name>, etc.

Direct access by doing queries to the SYSTEM.CATALOG will be problematic.
However, along these lines, it'd be great if someone is up for using our
new View feature to support queries to the standard INFORMATION_SCHEMA [1].
I've filed PHOENIX-24 for this.

Thanks,
James

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_schema