From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exceptions in RegionServer during startup
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 01:06:00 GMT
Hi Sean,
Your data isn't affected, only your metadata. Not sure what your time frame
is, but we plan to release 3.0 by the end of the month. If you need
something before that, another possible, riskier migration path would be:
- Migrate from Github Phoenix 2.2.2 -> Apache Phoenix 2.2.3. This will
update your coprocessors to point to the ones with the new package names.
We're aiming for a 2.2.3 release next week if all goes well.
- After this migration, you could use the 3.0.0-snapshot if you
  - rerun all your DDL statements and replace any DATE, TIME, and TIMESTAMP
declarations with UNSIGNED_DATE, UNSIGNED_TIME, and UNSIGNED_TIMESTAMP
  - add a DEFAULT_COLUMN_FAMILY='_0' property at the end of each DDL
statement

But keep in mind that the metadata will change a bit more before we
release, so you may have to go through this again.
Thanks,
James

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Mujtaba Chohan <mujtaba@apache.org> wrote:

> James can comment on exact timeframe for master branch but he is working
> today to add metadata update process in 2.2.3 branch that will update all
> com.salesforce.* coprocessors to org.apache.*.
>
> Thanks,
> Mujtaba
>

> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Sean Huo <sean@crunchyroll.com> wrote:
>
>> So looks like I have some tables created with the previous version of
>> phoenix before the migration toward the apache project.
>> The meta data on the tables have their coprocessors defined like this:
>>
>> coprocessor$5 =>
>> '|com.salesforce.hbase.index.Indexer|1073741823|com.salesforce.hbase.index.codec.class=com.salesforce.phoenix.index.PhoenixIndexCodec,index.builder=com.salesforce.
>> true
>>

>>  phoenix.index.PhoenixIndexBuilder', coprocessor$4 =>
>> '|com.salesforce.phoenix.coprocessor.ServerCachingEndpointImpl|1|',
>> coprocessor$3 =>
>> '|com.salesforce.phoenix.coprocessor.GroupedAggregateRegionObser
>>

>>  ver|1|', coprocessor$2 =>
>> '|com.salesforce.phoenix.coprocessor.UngroupedAggregateRegionObserver|1|',
>> coprocessor$1 => '|com.salesforce.phoenix.coprocessor.ScanRegionObserver|1|'
>>

>> Clearly it still references the old package name, and won't work with the
>> latest Phoenix.
>>
>> What do I need to do to be able to run the latest Phoenix without losing
>> data?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Sean
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Sean Huo <sean@crunchyroll.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I pushed the latest phoenix jar to the regionservers and restart.
>>> There are tons of exception pertaining to the coprocessor like
>>>
>>> 2014-02-06 11:39:00,570 DEBUG
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.CoprocessorHost: Loading coprocessor
>>> class com.salesforce.phoenix.coprocessor.UngroupedAggregateRegionObserver
>>> with path null and priority 1
>>>
>>> 2014-02-06 11:39:00,571 WARN
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost: attribute
>>> 'coprocessor$2' has invalid coprocessor specification
>>> '|com.salesforce.phoenix.coprocessor.UngroupedAggregateRegionObserver|1|'
>>>
>>> 2014-02-06 11:39:00,571 WARN
>>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost:
>>> java.io.IOException: No jar path specified for