From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cdh5 and hbase 0.95.2
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 18:47:55 GMT
No, AFAIK, the HBase 0.95 branch is a dead-end - that's in Apache
HBase-land - I don't know about the distributions that other companies put
out. I'm not sure what kind of upgrade path there is from 0.95 either.

Ask on the HBase user list to get more clarity.

Thanks,
James

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 7:21 AM, Dan Di Spaltro <dan.dispaltro@gmail.com>wrote:

> Isn't 0.95 just the dev branch for 0.96 sorta like how the linux kernel
> used to work?
>
> -Dan
>

> On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 7:11 PM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org>wrote:
>
>> I don't think any HBase work is happening for 0.95, but you may want to
>> check with the HBase user list. Phoenix has no plans to support it, though.
>> We are working on Phoenix for 0.96 and 0.98. It's pretty far along - it's
>> in the 4.0 branch.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> James
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 6:53 PM, Abe Weinograd <abe@flonet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I was following a thread on the old GitHub repo and google group about
>>> post 0.94 compatibility.  I have CDH5 installed (HBase 0.95.2).  I built
>>> and deployed the latest of the master branch on the apache repo.  Should
>>> this work?  Right now, I am getting the following error on trying to
>>> connect:
>>>
>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Not a host:port pair: PBUF
>>> '
>>> ip-10-10-0-12.ec2.internal\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd(
>>> at