From Devin Pinkston <dpinks...@technicacorp.com>
Subject RE: Unable to connect to Phoenix
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 12:54:19 GMT
Dhaval,

I just had this happen to me yesterday actually.  What fixed it for me:

*         Started up hbase, kept getting the same error as you

*         Ran bin/hbase hbck -fix

*         Stopped and restarted hbase, and then the system.table appeared again

*         Sqlline and psql started working.

I was unable to recreate the table.  It didn't show up when I would do a list, but if I went
to disable/drop the table, it just said it couldn't be found.  Then when I tried to create
the table, it said it already existed.

Thanks

From: Dhaval Modi [mailto:dhavalmodi24@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2014 12:10 AM
To: user
Subject: Re: Unable to connect to Phoenix

Any work around for this scenario?

Can i recreated SYSTEM.TABLE?

Regards,
Dhaval Modi

On 6 February 2014 14:29, Dhaval Modi <dhavalmodi24@gmail.com<mailto:dhavalmodi24@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Hi James,

Please find the logs attached.

Additionally, I tried using HBase shell and it works fine.

Regards,
Dhaval Modi

On 6 February 2014 14:13, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org<mailto:jamestaylor@apache.org>>
wrote:
Hi Dhaval,
Can you please check your server log and report back any exception you find there? Also, if
you tweak the bin/sqlline.sh script and add the --verbose=true flag, you'll likely get a stack
trace you can send along from the client as well.
Thanks,
James

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 12:22 AM, Dhaval Modi <dhavalmodi24@gmail.com<mailto:dhavalmodi24@gmail.com>>
I was using phoenix with hadoop cluster.
Now I downsized my cluster and phoenix stopped working

when, i try to connect using sqlline, it throw an following error
Error: SYSTEM.TABLE (state = 08000, code=101)

Can you please help?

Regards,
Dhaval Modi

On 6 February 2014 13:50, Dhaval Modi <dhavalmodi24@gmail.com<mailto:dhavalmodi24@gmail.com>>