From James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Row Key Ordering of salting table need modify hbase-site.xml in region server?
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 18:09:30 GMT
No, setting the hbase.regionserver.wal.codec config param won't have an
impact on other non Phoenix users of your cluster, and yes, you need to
restart your cluster after making this config change.

No need for you to do anything regarding the
phoenix.query.rowKeyOrderSaltedTable
config parameter. If you set the SALT_BUCKETS property at CREATE TABLE time
to salt your table, it will be pre-split automatically for you.

BTW, best to continue using our github mailing list until we've switched
completely over to Apache (hopefully early next week - we're waiting on a
couple of things).

Thanks,
James