openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "David P Grove" <gro...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Asynchronous communications (was: Please review our project's draft...)
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2018 16:50:39 GMT

Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote on 06/06/2018 11:06:01
AM:

> On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 4:42 PM, David P Grove <groved@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > ...As Rodric said, properly organized channels and the use of threads
help
> > quite a bit...
>
> Do you have a few Slack URLs of good examples of that?
>
> I'll look at them quickly, before they disappear ;-)
>
> -Bertrand

I think Slack is measurably better than a mailing list for some kinds of
interactions:
	1. User support.  Quick interaction, back & forth QA, ability to
directly embed pictures, URLS, etc. For example,
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C7DJNS37W/p1524979247000070

	2. Brainstorming discussions (distributed water cooler).  For
example,
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C4J3R7JFL/p1526486614000581

	3. Group debugging & problem fixing (the link in Rodric's email)
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1527870544000195

I don't think Slack is as good at going really deep into the details (turns
into "walls of text" that are intimidating to catch up with when you come
to them later).  GitHub issues or email is still better here I think.

--dave