openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "David P Grove" <gro...@us.ibm.com>
Subject removal of non-Helm deployment from incubator-openwhisk-deploy-kube
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2018 22:06:51 GMT

I've just submitted a PR [1] to remove the "old style" non-Helm deployment
from the deploy-kube project.

The Helm-based deployment is (a) much simpler for users to deploy and (b)
supports strictly more configuration options than the code being removed.

We've been heading this direction for a couple of months, but since this is
a significant change I wanted to raise it on the dev list and wait for a
couple of days before actually proceeding with the removal of the old code.

thanks,

--dave

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-deploy-kube/pull/239