openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk 0.9.0-incubating
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2018 15:09:52 GMT
Hi Matt,

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 5:03 PM Matt Rutkowski <mrutkowski@apache.org> wrote:
> ...For now, I am quite happy with releasing all together....

We can try, but as I said I'm not sure if the Incubator PMC will
accept this for a first release.

Even releasing a single module that's not usable by itself is progress
w.r.t. the incubation process, where it's the process and legal
aspects that count, for initial incubating releases, more than the
technical viability of the product. There's even no obligation to
"advertise" those releases, considering them training releases is
fine.

But we can try if that's what the majority of the PPMC wants and if
the other mentors do not disagree.

> ...BTW, I am more than happy to formalize and represent this position (along with the
> history) to make it clear for others during the review process....

I think it's easy to understand the technical justification for
releasing multiple modules together - my angle is just the "incubation
training" one.

-Bertrand