openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Release] Preparing the release of OpenWhisk
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2018 14:28:43 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 12:47 PM Vincent S Hou <shou@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> ...If you have any questions or concerns, please chime in with your comments...

No questions at this time but I'd like to remind people of the release
voting process for Apache Incubator podlings, roughly:

-The release candidates are prepared and a [VOTE] happens here. At
this point it's good to get votes from all 3 mentors if possible.
-If successful, another [VOTE] happens on general@incubator.a.o, as
the release needs to be approved by an Apache PMC, a podling PMC is
not sufficient.
-If successful, the release is promoted under
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/openwhisk/

The technical quality of initial podling releases is not really
important, what matters at this "training" stage is getting the formal
aspects of the release and release process validated.

Of course, if the release is good from a technical point of view it's
even better ;-)

> ...There will be 13 openwhisk projected to be released...

With my incubation mentor hat on I strongly advise starting with just
one module, to validate the process first.

-Bertrand