openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Asynchronous communications (was: Please review our project's draft...)
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2018 14:23:35 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 4:05 PM, David P Grove <groved@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> ...Professionally, I'm on several Slack teams that are paid (unlimited
> history) and I personally find it _much_ easier to catch up with and
> understand multiple weeks of technical conversation in a properly focused
> Slack channel than multiple weeks of email chains sent to a single dev
> list....

I'm genuinely interested in how that can work - if you have examples
I'm all ears.

> ...I'd suggest that perhaps the ASF should be considering how to adapt and
> support this style of communication in a way that meets its broader
> objectives for project organization...

My goal with "fixing" this with OpenWhisk is indeed to see how the ASF
can adapt efficiently.

> ...Things like
> Slack are not going to go away...

Of course, but if it's the project's main channel it needs to support
efficient asynchronous collaboration. As mentioned, I'm willing to be
educated on how that works.

-Bertrand