openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implementation plan for Go actions
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2018 18:56:03 GMT
Michele

Sorry about that,  I think I got confused the exec in code with the ability
to uploading a string/executable file like a shell/bash script or perl
script.

I think we can take a todo after implementing exec inside zip and add
improvements.

We should be able at the proxy level when binary=true (base64) distinguish
the `code`  by parsing the first bytes and tell if it's a zip, tgz, or
executable related [1]
That way support just uploading a exec without the extra step to zip, or
even support tgz which have come up for other runtimes like nodejs8 [1]

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-nodejs/pull/16
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-nodejs/issues/15

-- Carlos