openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Andreas Nauerz" <andreas.nau...@de.ibm.com>
Subject How to continue to use our social media channels
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2017 19:16:59 GMT
Hey all,

I am currently managing most of our social media channels, which, for
instance, include...

a) Twitter: https://twitter.com/openwhisk
b) Medium: https://medium.com/openwhisk
c) Slideshare: http://slideshare.net/OpenWhisk
d) Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbzgShnQk8F43NKsvEYA1SA

I am currently also managing our website (openwhisk.org), including the
events section:
http://openwhisk.org/events

Hence, there are two things I would like to inform you about/discuss:

1)
I would like to establish a well defined process allowing it anyone (part
of the community) to suggest/submit new tweets, new medium articles, new
slide decks or youtube videos, and new events supposed to be listed. Imho
anyone part of the community (any developer, any vendor, ...) working with
OpenWhisk should be allowed to use the above mentioned channels.

The process I have in mind looks like the following:

1. Submission to be made via an online form to be made available via
openwhisk.org; as long as we do not have such a form I would like to ask
to post whatever is to be submitted to our private mailing list (as a temp
workaround)
2. Submission to be distributed to all PPMC members
3. I will continue to do the initial review (unless I am out; hence, I am
also looking for 1-2 backups that can take care of this process(es) while
I am out), primarily checking whatever is proposed according to a
checklist we all agree on (see below); if whatever is proposed conforms
with the checklist I (or my backup) will just publish (I do not want to
wait for a "go" by every single PPMC member as this would delay breaking
news far too much - we should be able to publish things quickly without a
lot of bureaucracy)
4. PPMC members can let me know that sth should not have been published,
of course (e.g. in case I have overseen something) so I can remove again
if really necessary

Checklist:

[ ] Does the content conform to "good manners" (not violating/offending
anyone)?
[ ] Does the content use the right trademarks and copyright correctly?
[ ] Is there any sort of boilerplate disclaimer included?
[ ] Is the mention of a commercial service or product done in order to
help users use Apache OpenWhisk, or does it serve as a general
advertisement?
[ ] Does the risk of publishing the content outweigh the benefit of
achieving our goals of graduating from the Incubator with a vibrant
community?

In the upcoming weeks we should, as said, invest in automating this
process by providing said submission form, the underlying voting system,
etc. (I (and others) vote for a serverless & OpenWhisk based
implementation *g).

For the time being I suggest that we just explain the above outlined
process (on our openwhisk.org) site and let people sent their submissions
to our private list. If nobody objects I will take care of this this week.

2)
We also need a system to share credentials/passwords for allowing PPMC
members (my backups) to manage the above channels.
It seems as SVN space set up by INFRA is the Apache way to handle this.

What I use for privately is LastPass which allows you to share credentials
with others, but I am open for other solutions, too.
Anything else you guys want to suggest/recommend?

So:

a) Is the process outlined above okay for all of you?
b) Is the checklist okay? Anything you would like to add/change?
c) Who wants to help with implementing the submission form?
d) Who wants to act as a backup while I am out?
e) Is the idea of using our private mailing list as temp solution fine
(can anyone send sth to this?)?
f) What do we want to use to share credentials? SVN, Lastpass, sth else?

Thanks!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Andreas Nauerz

Technical Product Manager | Master Inventor | Member TEC Central Region
IBM Cloud, Bluemix

Phone:
+49-7034-643-2954
 IBM Deutschland

E-Mail:
andreas.nauerz@de.ibm.com
 Schoenaicher Str. 220

 71032 Boeblingen

 Germany

IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzender des
Aufsichtsrats: Martina Köderitz
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 243294