openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Marth <mma...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Adding OpenTracing support
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 10:31:52 GMT
Hi Juca,

I was in discussions with Sandeep before he created the PR for Zipkin support, so I can give
some background info:
As a part of better understanding and improving the performance characteristics of OW we were
simply looking for a way to profile the whole system. Zipkin seemed (still seems) to be fit
for that job. So from our perspective plugability was not much of a concern, we “simply”
wanted to get to the data.

HTH
Michael