ode-user mailing list archives

From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ODE, ODE 2.0, the Attic and the Incubator
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2019 08:07:36 GMT
Hey all,

If "keep it going" means going back to the incubator, rewrite Ode and
revitalize the community, then I'll give a big +1.

The reason why we initiated the retiring process was two fold. First we got
the impression, that the community is dead. 2. We would not have the time
to manage a incoming CVE in a timely manner and equifax told us that it is
not worth it to into such situations. We kept it alive as long as we could
but (also with the member hat on) at some point a trigger of a transition
in the project lifecycle seemed unavoidable.

Brining Ode back to the incubator seems the best option to me as we can
keep the brand established. We should however make clear, that there should
be no releases expected from the old code base as long as the new team is
eager to maintain it.

It goes without saying that I would be happy to help, mentor,... but I need
to put the disclaimer, too, that time is the limiting factor currently.

Cheers,
  Tammo

Am Do., 31. Jan. 2019, 06:20 hat Antoine Toulme <antoine@toulme.name>
geschrieben: