ode-user mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Move towards binary compatibility to JDK 1.6 or JDK 1.7 for 1.3.7 RELEASE
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2015 10:39:22 GMT
Trunk is to volatile to be used for adoption (by end users, meaning end
users and contributors not necessarily being the same). Hence the
standpoint of the ASF of making releases available.

Mixing compatibility aspects regarding jdk 6,7 and 8 in one release branch
is undesirable from a communication standpoint of view. It is better
(easier) to communicate that 1.3 is jdk 7 compatible and the next release
branch is not, than 1.3 is jdk 6, jdk 7 and jdk 8 compatible depending on
the version picked.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*OFBiz Extensions Marketplace*