ode-user mailing list archives

From "Kharche, Jitendra" <Jitendra.Khar...@geometricglobal.com>
Subject RE: A message arrived before a receive is ready for a request/response pattern
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 13:04:29 GMT

Also how/where can I check what is the message received in the following case? I put ODE logs
to DEBUG level but I did not see the message in ODE logs.

Regards,
Jitendra

-----Original Message-----
From: Kharche, Jitendra [mailto:Jitendra.Kharche@geometricglobal.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2015 6:25 PM
To: user@ode.apache.org
Subject: A message arrived before a receive is ready for a request/response pattern

HI,

I randomly get following log lines on the ode console.

17:30:47,923 WARN  [BpelRuntimeContextImpl] A message arrived before a receive is ready for
a request/response pattern. This may be processed to success. However, you should consider
revising your process since a TCP port and a container thread will be held for a longer time
and the process will not scale under heavy load.
17:30:47,930 DEBUG [CorrelatorDAOImpl] removeLocalRoutes 268
17:30:47,933 DEBUG [CorrelatorDAOImpl] removing {CorrelationKey setId=@2[Session, values=[1421323225877]]}
0 one
17:30:47,935 DEBUG [CorrelatorDAOImpl] removeLocalRoutes 268
17:30:47,936 DEBUG [JacobVPU] injecting (...)
17:30:47,938 FATAL [BpelRuntimeContextImpl] Engine requested response while the message exchange
hqejbhcnphr9x4h2860wp3 was in the state RESPONSE
17:30:47,939 ERROR [PICK] The message exchange seems to be in an unconsistent state, you're
probably missing a reply on a request/response interaction.
17:30:47,942 DEBUG [EMPTY] <empty name=OEmpty#840>
17:30:47,945 DEBUG [ACTIVITYGUARD] ActivityRecovery: Activity 159 requires recovery
17:30:47,949 INFO  [BpelRuntimeContextImpl] ActivityRecovery: Registering activity 159, failure
reason: org.apache.ode.bpel.iapi.BpelEngineException: Engine requested response while the
message exchange hqejbhcnphr9x4h2860wp3 was in the state RESPONSE on channel 270

What could be the reason and how can I fix it?
This is happening in test environment where there is no load. It happens even on the first
process instance after the ODE restart.
Strange thing is this does not happen always. It happens randomly. So I think this is not
a problem in my process.

Another thing is, though it says the activity is registered for recovery (ActivityRecovery:
Registering activity 159), it fails to recover when I try from the InstanceManagement recoverActivity()
API.

Regards,
Jitendra