ode-user mailing list archives

From "Kharche, Jitendra" <Jitendra.Khar...@geometricglobal.com>
Subject Retry the process instcne upon external fault
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:30:45 GMT
Hi,

I would like to develop a process in which it should be possible to retry an invoke activity
upon external fault.
The invoke activity invokes an external service that may throw an exception.
When an exception occurs I want to retry the activity (manual or auto).

In my earlier process I did following steps:

1.       Put a CatchAll FaultHandler at process level to catch all the external faults

2.       Send a notification to administrator.
But this takes the process instance into COMPLETED state and cannot be retried. In the new
process, instead of this I want the process instance to remain in ACTIVE state at the faulted
activity so that I can retry it.

I would like to know what care I should take to achieve this during process implementation.

Regards,
Jitendra