ode-user mailing list archives

From jk <jitendrakhar...@gmail.com>
Subject Initializing fault variable
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 10:16:49 GMT
Hi,

I have a BPEL process deployed in ODE 1.3.6 on Tomcat 7.0.42.
This process invokes a web service that throws an exception.
In the process I have used a FaultHandler having a CatchAll on that invoke
activity.
In this CatchAll, I assign 2 variables "mailSubject" and "mailMessage" that
I use later to send failure mail notificatrion.
However when the web service fault message is received I get following
exception on the tomcat console.

*org.apache.ode.bpel.common.FaultException: The variable TestWSPLException
isn't properly initialized.*

I have declared the variable TestWSPLException in BPEL with the messageType
equal to the exception thrown by the web service.

Why ODE is not initializing the variable on receiving the fault?
If I explicitely initialize the variable TestWSPLException with some default
values, then I do not get any error on the tomcat console, but the actual
failure message coming from the web service in the fault is lost and I get
the mail with the dafault values I have set during initialization of the
variable.

I am attaching both the BPEL and WebService files.
The complete startck trace is given below.

15:38:28,341 WARN  [ExternalService] Fault response: faultName=WSException
faultType={http://testws1.ws.test.jk/}WSException
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<message><WSException><ns2:WSException
xmlns:ns2="http://testws1.ws.test.jk/"
per failed. Reason:
Failed</message></ns2:WSException></WSException></message>
15:38:28,356 ERROR [JaxenContexts] bpws:getVariableValue threw
FaultException
org.apache.ode.bpel.common.FaultException: The variable TestWSPLException
isn't properly initialized.
        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.ScopeFrame.fetchVariableData(ScopeFrame.java:199)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.ScopeFrame.fetchVariableData(ScopeFrame.java:209)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.ExprEvaluationContextImpl.readVariable(ExprEvaluationContextImpl.java:96)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.elang.xpath10.runtime.JaxenContexts.getVariableValue(JaxenContexts.java:173)
        at
org.jaxen.ContextSupport.getVariableValue(ContextSupport.java:215)
        at org.jaxen.Context.getVariableValue(Context.java:196)
        at
org.jaxen.expr.DefaultVariableReferenceExpr.evaluate(DefaultVariableReferenceExpr.java:106)
        at org.jaxen.expr.DefaultPathExpr.evaluate(DefaultPathExpr.java:137)
        at
org.jaxen.expr.DefaultFunctionCallExpr.evaluateParams(DefaultFunctionCallExpr.java:195)
        at
org.jaxen.expr.DefaultFunctionCallExpr.evaluate(DefaultFunctionCallExpr.java:179)
        at org.jaxen.expr.DefaultXPathExpr.asList(DefaultXPathExpr.java:102)
        at org.jaxen.BaseXPath.selectNodesForContext(BaseXPath.java:677)
        at org.jaxen.BaseXPath.selectNodes(BaseXPath.java:216)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.elang.xpath10.runtime.XPath10ExpressionRuntime.evaluate(XPath10ExpressionRuntime.java:103)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.ExpressionLanguageRuntimeRegistry.evaluate(ExpressionLanguageRuntimeRegistry.java:80)
        at org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.ASSIGN.evalRValue(ASSIGN.java:225)
        at org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.ASSIGN.copy(ASSIGN.java:399)
        at org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.ASSIGN.run(ASSIGN.java:87)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor34.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU$JacobThreadImpl.run(JacobVPU.java:451)
        at org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU.execute(JacobVPU.java:139)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelRuntimeContextImpl.execute(BpelRuntimeContextImpl.java:978)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelProcess.handleJobDetails(BpelProcess.java:456)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelEngineImpl.onScheduledJob(BpelEngineImpl.java:460)
        at
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelServerImpl.onScheduledJob(BpelServerImpl.java:450)
        at
org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$RunJob$1.call(SimpleScheduler.java:523)
        at
org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$RunJob$1.call(SimpleScheduler.java:517)
        at
org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler.execTransaction(SimpleScheduler.java:289)
        at
org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler.execTransaction(SimpleScheduler.java:244)
        at
org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$RunJob.call(SimpleScheduler.java:517)
        at
org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$RunJob.call(SimpleScheduler.java:501)
        at
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
TestProcess.zip
<http://apache-ode.996305.n3.nabble.com/file/n16976/TestProcess.zip>
TestWS1.war <http://apache-ode.996305.n3.nabble.com/file/n16976/TestWS1.war>