ode-user mailing list archives

From kesten <solarmobiletrail...@gmail.com>
Subject tomcat-juli.jar missing
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2013 01:42:57 GMT

Hello,

I installed apache ode using http://download.eclipse.org/bpel/site/

I get an error which appears not to be a showstopper regarding svn
Subclipse talks to Subversion via a Java API that requires access to native
libraries. Those libraries were either not found or an incompatible version
was loaded. The errors are displayed velow. Information on getting a proper
version installed and visible to Eclipse is available here:
http://subclipse.tigris.org/wiki/JavaHL

Perhaps this should be downgraded to a warning if it's not an essential
dependency.

even though i do have the libs installed.  Not sure where to go to fix the
path so it's found.
----------

I had several problems due to the fact that port 8080 is used by lots of
programs and was occupied preventing installation.

Once that was figured out, I had more troubles.  It's a little confusing
since HellowWorldBPEL_designerAndODE.pdf is one of the few documents on the
main site, but it should be updated or removed.
--------
I'm now having a problem which appears to be a missing dependency in the
bundle at /bpel/site/

org/apache/juli/logging/LogFactory
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.<clinit>(Bootstrap.java:60)
org.apache.juli.logging.LogFactory

Not sure what the best method is to resolve this.  Where do i put it if i
download it?

All in all, it's been 2 days trying to get it installed.  I guess i'm just a
little unlucky with my setup, and i really appreciate the fact that this is
an open source project.  But if you're looking for broader acceptance i'd
recommend a little tlc and qa for the on-boarding procedure.

any suggestions on the LogFactory would be appreciated

kesten

Mac os mountain lion 10.8
MacBook Pro
tomcat 7