ode-user mailing list archives

From Carlos Candido <c.candid...@gmail.com>
Subject Change particular instance workflow
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 15:55:44 GMT

Hello all,
my objective here is to update an particular instance in execution to a new
definition of process.

I've deployed process A and ODE gives Version1. After that I execute twice
and I got 2 instances running. After that I suspend one instance using the
WSDL of the manager.
Now I want to deploy a new version for the suspended activity. I've tried
deploying a new process definition (Version 2) but ODE only use it on new
instances (I guess that for old instances run in new definition I need to
stop them).

But what if I want ODE to use that definition only for that instance? Is
that possible?
I've understand that you use the method check() in DeploymentPoller.java to
detect new deployment units. Is that a good point to start changing ODE?

My idea was to do something like this:
1) Suspend instance
2) deploy new version for that instance (with validations for migration
already made)
3) start suspended instance

When the instance finish the activity where was suspended it does the new
work. But only this instance. No new instance should be able to be on this
version.

An older post that i've read says that the class "SimplesSheduler" is a good
point of start.
What you think?

Thanks
CC