ode-user mailing list archives

From "Andes"<ylyy-1...@163.com>
Subject Re: Serious bug-ODE allows activating a retired process when there is already an active version
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 07:39:36 GMT
I think it better to delete the older files first, in order not to encounter so many problems...good
luck

2012-03-19

Best Regards
Andes

发件人:Sathwik
发送时间:2012-03-19 15:37
主题:Serious bug-ODE allows activating a retired process when there is already an active
version
收件人:"dev"<dev@ode.apache.org>,"user"<user@ode.apache.org>
抄送:

Hi,

I came across this problem while using the Intalio server. I think this
problem exists in ODE as well.

Though I don't how to test this with a testcase, any idea?

Steps to reproduce:
1) Deploy a process to the server (V1)
2) Deploy the process again (V2)
3) V1: Retired and V2: Active
4) Now activate (Process package)  V1 which is in Retired state.
5) An exception is thrown ContextException("Can't activate two processes
of the same name:....)
6) Now check the status of V1 and V2, you can see that both the versions
V1 and V2 are Active.

Upon Analysis of the code this is what I found:
org.apache.ode.store.ProcessStoreImpl.setState(QName, ProcessState)
a) Update the state of the process in database (this call runs in a
transaction and gets committed upon success)
b) Fire state change event

The event fired in (b) is handled in
org.apache.ode.axis2.ODEServer.handleEvent(ProcessStoreEvent) which then
lands up in the below method
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelEngineImpl.registerProcess(BpelProcess).
The below code snippet finally creates the exception.

if (cachedVersion.getConf().getState() == ProcessState.ACTIVE
&& process.getConf().getState() == ProcessState.ACTIVE
&& !OdeGlobalConfig.autoRetireProcess()) {
     throw new ContextException("Can't activate two processes of the
same name: " + process.getConf().getPackage() + ", " +
cachedVersion.getConf().getPackage() + ", name: " +
process.getProcessType());
}

The problem is now since in (a) the state is already updated and
committed and (b) is throwing an runtime exception, but this has no
effect and hence the stated problem.

regards,
sathwik