ode-user mailing list archives

From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Instance API
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 12:15:53 GMT
Hi Håkon,

On 04.10.2011 09:36, Håkon Sagehaug wrote:
> I´ve got a question about the Instancemanagement API. I use ode 1.3.5
> and the pre configured db setup(derby). I wanted to invoke
> #getEventTimeline, but got UnSupportedOperation exception, so are
> there plans implementing this feature. And will it be possible to
> query a long running process during execution to get the events up to
> the time of queering?

Right, the implementation of this function is missing in the openJPA DAO
implementation. It is however implemented in the Hibernate layer. It
should not be too hard to reimplement that for open JPA, until then I'd
recommend to use the hibernate layer if possible. Although, I patch is
of course more than welcome.

> A question about the replay operation, can one replay parts of a
> workflow, lets say your service A have produced some data, and service
> B uses them with some parameters. Then when you look at the result,
> you might want to invoke service B with the same data, not want to
> reproduce them, but different parameters could this be possible using
> the replay functionality?

The replay operation returns the conversation between the process
instance and the partners involved as a XML document. You can tweak this
XML representation of the conversation as you like and then start the
replay, perhaps that solves your problem.

Thanks,
  Tammo

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de