ode-user mailing list archives

From Lorenzo Bolzani <l.bolz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Duplicate channel id: concurrency problem?
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 16:14:18 GMT
2011/8/16 arunjolly <jollyarun@gmail.com>

> Hi Lorenzo,
>
> Sorry to tell you that i dont have a solution for your problem, but im
> facing the same issue in my application.
>
> I use Apache ODE 1.3.3 BPEL Engine in Servicemix 3.3.1 to run my
> application. The issue that iam facing is pretty much the same. When the
> application load increases ie the number of requests to the ODE increases,
> it starts throwing the 'no such channel' exception and sometimes hangs.
>
> What could be the reason for this ? Is this a known bug ? If yes, what is
> the possible solution.

Hi Arun,
take a look at this thread.

http://servicemix.396122.n5.nabble.com/Servicemix-half-freezed-thread-dump-td4678224.html

I suspect the "No such channel" problem is a consequence of a servicemix
"thread configuration" problem.
You can use the jdk jconsole for a quick check. When I experienced the
freezing, all cxf-se threads were waiting inside the DeliveryChannel method.

Since I have changed the cxf-se thread executor configuration (and the
synchronous=false parameter) the problem almost disappeared. I can sometime
reproduce the problem under very heavy load (100+ client threads) but it is
not persistent and the application does not hang. As soon as the load stops
the line from ODE_JOBS table gets updated correctly and the error message
disappears.

Another suggestion, make sure that Ode is configured with a connection pool:
it does a lot of database requests.

Bye

Lorenzo