ode-user mailing list archives

From Waruna Ranasinghe <waruna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: catching exception from invoke
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:48:53 GMT
Hi

If you need to catch a specific soap fault then that particular fault should
be reside in the <detail> element of the soap fault. In your case it is a
generic soap fault (i.e. does not contain anything in the detail element).
In order to catch this type of fault, either you need to use a <catchAll> or
<catch> without any attributes.

i.e. <catch>implement the fault handling logic here</catch>

Thanks,
Waruna
On 24 July 2011 11:35, Koray Gulcu <koray.gulcu@ozu.edu.tr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to implement a basic invoke-catch example. In the process,I am
> invoking a web service which returns javax.xml.soap.SOAPException and trying
> to catch it. Instead, the process waits for the timeout duration and
> throws java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException.
>
> SOAP message I receive after the invocation is:
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
> <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
> ">
> <soapenv:Header xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
> <wsa:Action>urn:getTimeStampSOAPException</wsa:Action>
>  <wsa:RelatesTo>uuid:hqejbhcnphr6gimjso97tk</wsa:RelatesTo>
> </soapenv:Header>
> <soapenv:Body>
> <soapenv:Fault>
> <faultcode>soapenv:Server</faultcode>
> <faultstring>Failed deliberately.</faultstring>
> <detail />
> </soapenv:Fault>
> </soapenv:Body>
> </soapenv:Envelope>
>
> In the BPEL process, catch entity is:
> <bpel:catch faultName="ns:SOAPException" faultVariable="invokeError"
> element="ns:SOAPException" faultElement="ns:SOAPException">
>
> I attached wsdl of the component service.
>
> I think I am missing a basic thing

Regards,
Waruna Ranasinghe

blog: http://warunapw.blogspot.com