ode-user mailing list archives

From Bob Brodt <bbr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: How to deploy BPEL into ODE
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 17:40:54 GMT
Hi Behzad

Here are a couple of things to check:

1. make sure you created an Ode v1.x Server instance, not a Tomcat instance. From the "Servers"
view (Window->Show View->Servers) right-click and then New->Server, select Apache->Ode
v1.x Server. Make sure you select webapps/ode as the Ode home directory. This directory may
not exist if you have not started Tomcat after installing the ode.war file, so start up and
shut down Tomcat before creating the server in eclipse - this will create the wepabbs/ode
directory and all of the Ode runtime artifacts.

2. make sure you select the Ode v1.x Server runtime when you create the new BPEL project.
This will create a project facet in your BPEL project's .settings directory called org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.xml.
The facet definition should look something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<faceted-project>
  <runtime name="Apache Ode 1.x Runtime"/>
  <fixed facet="bpel.facet.core"/>
  <installed facet="bpel.facet.core" version="2.0"/>
</faceted-project>

3. make sure the web service endpoint in HelloWorldArtifacts.wsdl looks something like this:

  http://localhost:9090/ode/processes/HelloWorld

the default New BPEL Process wizard omits the "/ode/processes" part - this is runtime specific
and needs to be customized for Ode.

4. make sure you create a deployment descriptor file (File->New->Apache ODE Deployment
Descriptor) and select the correct ports for the inbound and outbound interfaces.

Hope that helps.

Robert ("Bob") Brodt
Senior Software Engineer, JBoss Riftsaw
JBoss by Red Hat