ode-user mailing list archives

From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ODE Invoking Multiple Implementations of Service Interface for One Inbound Message
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 17:32:16 GMT
Hi Kurt,

I'm not sure if I can follow. Are you talking about ODE in general or
about it's JBI deployment in particular? I think the ODE terminology of
a service is somewhat different. Could you please give an example of
what you mean by "Why does ODE call all implementing processes of a
given inbound message when the message is specifically targeted to a
single endpoint?"

Thanks,
  Tammo

On 03.11.2010 15:36, Kurt Westerfeld wrote:
> Bump.   Any ideas/thoughts?

> OK, subject says it all.  Why does ODE call all implementing processes of a given inbound
message when the message is specifically targeted to a single endpoint?

> It actually goes to a fair amount of trouble to do this, and now our project needs to
have multiple implementations of a given service interface and use dynamic EPR to route to
desired endpoints.  In our scenario, we cannot use bpel because a single message inbound to
ODE becomes delegated to multiple implementations--regardless of their endpoint designation.

> I can see it starts here:
>
> BpelEngineImpl, line 349, method: List<BpelProcess> route():
>
>      * Route to a process using the service id. Note, that we do not need the endpoint
name here, we are assuming that two processes
>      * would not be registered under the same service qname but different endpoint.
> So why?  There's no way for me to workaround this as far as I can see.  I think the only
thing I can do is change the service name for each endpoint.

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de