ode-user mailing list archives

From "Kurt Westerfeld" <kwesterf...@novell.com>
Subject ODE Invoking Multiple Implementations of Service Interface for One Inbound Message
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 20:43:33 GMT
OK, subject says it all.  Why does ODE call all implementing processes of a given inbound message
when the message is specifically targeted to a single endpoint?

It actually goes to a fair amount of trouble to do this, and now our project needs to have
multiple implementations of a given service interface and use dynamic EPR to route to desired
endpoints.  In our scenario, we cannot use bpel because a single message inbound to ODE becomes
delegated to multiple implementations--regardless of their endpoint designation.

I can see it starts here:

BpelEngineImpl, line 349, method: List<BpelProcess> route():

     * Route to a process using the service id. Note, that we do not need the endpoint name
here, we are assuming that two processes
     * would not be registered under the same service qname but different endpoint.
So why?  There's no way for me to workaround this as far as I can see.  I think the only thing
I can do is change the service name for each endpoint.