ode-user mailing list archives

From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how can I use BPEL correlation mechanism?
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 22:11:05 GMT
Hi Geert,

On 05.08.2010 18:21, Geert Monsieur wrote:
> Thanks for your interest. The thing I'd like to do is combining
> createInstance=yes and initiate=join. However, as mentioned on
> http://ode.apache.org/ws-bpel-20-specification-compliance.html (see below)
> this is not supported in Ode, or is it?

I'm not sure currently, but I assume the doc is correct.

> I'd like to build a BPEL process in which a new instance is created when two
> (or more) correlated  messages are received. For example, if both a order is
> ready for delivery and the order is paid a message must be sent to the
> shipping service (correlated means the order that is ready for delivery and
> the order that is paid have the same id). It is more or less like an ECA
> approach.

Okay, now I got it. This is indeed an interesting question, I assume
your receives are nested in a flow?

> When invoking the BPEL process using the code from my previous mail,
> different process instances are created... I'm not sure this is caused by
> the 'implicit correlation', but it gives me that feeling... (see
> http://ode.apache.org/bpel-extensions.html#BPELExtensions-ImplicitCorrelations
> for
> more information on the session thing)

The implicit session thing looks for special SOAP headers and uses them
for correlation. If these guys are not part of the request, this piece
is not in action. I could rather imagine that it's a timing issue. Is
this behavior reproducible?

Tammo

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de