ode-user mailing list archives

From "Josef Bajada" <Josef.Baj...@go.com.mt>
Subject Date manipulation functions in BPEL
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 10:58:15 GMT
I am trying to use ODE for some simple BPEL proof-of-concepts and I have
stumbled upon some difficulties to manipulate dates and times.

I have managed to call current-dateTime() through XPath 2.0 as follows:

                <bpel:from part="payload" variable="output">

                    <bpel:query
queryLanguage="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:2.0:sublang:xpath2.0"><![CDATA[
current-dateTime()]]></bpel:query>

                </bpel:from>

However, I haven't managed to perform a simple addition like this:

                <bpel:from part="payload" variable="output">

                    <bpel:query
queryLanguage="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:2.0:sublang:xpath2.0"><![CDATA[
current-dateTime() + xs:dayTimeDuration('P1D')]]></bpel:query>

                </bpel:from>

I also don't have any idea how to call an XSLT function such as
format-dateTime().

I wish to do something like the following, but I have no idea how to do
it in BPEL. When I try the following I get an error saying that I cannot
use format-dateTime() in a non-XSLT context:

format-dateTime(current-dateTime(), "Y-M-D H:m:s"))

thanks,

Josef