ode-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Brian Lund <brian.l...@concur.com>
Subject Re: Correlation set problem
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:18:03 GMT
Hi Dave, 
I had a bit of trouble getting the correlations to work inside loops as
well.  Your BPEL(s) didn¹t come across for me so i¹m not sure if you¹re
already tried this, but have you tried to break out the sequence/flow inside
your loop into It¹s own process (i.e. The first activity inside the loop
would be an invoke, and the other process would instantiate a new process on
each receive)?  Perhaps it would be an easier correlation to create since
ode would be spawning an entirely new process to send message(s) to?
I would be very interested in your solution when you get this to work.

Thanks,
Brian

On 1/17/10 5:57 PM, "Dave Chodos" <davechodos@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>    I have been trying to get a long-running "counter" process up and running
> on ODE, but have run into timeout errors when I make repeated calls to the
> process. Specifically, my process has a receive to initiate the process, and
> then another receive in a while loop that increments the counter. The initial
> call, and the first call to the increment operation appear to work fine.
> Subsequent calls to the increment operation, however, simply time out, and
> nothing is returned.
> 
>    Initially I was working with my own process, but then decided to try out a
> sample "counter" process (which I found
> here:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ode/trunk/bpel-test/src/test/resources/bp
> el/2.0/TestCounter/) to 1) make sure that this process executed properly, and
> then 2) try and figure out what was going wrong with my own code. To my
> surprise, this process exhibited the same behaviour* (timeouts on increment
> calls after the first one), which makes me think that either I'm passing the
> wrong parameters into the process, or that there's a problem with my ODE
> setup.
> 
>    To test out whether the problem was with all correlation-based processes, I
> wrote another process that has a sequence of different correlated receive
> operations, and this one works fine. However, calling different operations
> within a loop (using a pick within a while loop, for instance) results in the
> same timeout problem. Thus, it seems that the problem is with calling
> receive(s) multiple times within a loop (while, do-while, for-each, etc.)
> 
>    I am running Apache Tomcat 5.5.27 on Unix, and using ODE 1.3.3. For what
> it's worth, I'm using NetBeans to write my BPEL processes, but I haven't had
> problems with other processes I've written, so I don't think it's a NetBeans
> issue.
> 
>    I've attached the code for my counter process, as well as the code for the
> working sequential correlation process. I also pasted my SOAP calls to the
> counter process (generated using SoapUI) so that you can see what I've tried
> there. I suspect that either there is something wrong with my Apache/ODE setup
> or I am misunderstanding something fundamental about how correlation sets work
> -- I'm relatively new to BPEL and web services, so this is a definite
> possibility :)
> 
>    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
> 
> Dave Chodos
> 
> * When doing one last test this morning, I found that the counter process is
> now timing out on the first attempt to call getAndIncrement, rather than the
> second, like it was doing last night. Not sure what to make of this...
> However, it is definitely not working as expected :(
> 
> *** call to init operation ***
> <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
> xmlns:coun="http://example.com/bpel/counter">
>    <soapenv:Header/>
>    <soapenv:Body>
>       <coun:init>
>          <name>testProc</name>
>          <alias>testProcAlias</alias>
>       </coun:init>
>    </soapenv:Body>
> </soapenv:Envelope>
> 
> *** call to getAndIncrement operation ***
> <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
> xmlns:coun="http://example.com/bpel/counter">
>    <soapenv:Header/>
>    <soapenv:Body>
>       <coun:getAndIncrement>
>          <name>testProc</name>
>          <alias>testProcAlias</alias>
>       </coun:getAndIncrement>
>    </soapenv:Body>
> </soapenv:Envelope>


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message