ode-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dave Chodos <davecho...@gmail.com>
Subject Correlation set problem
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2010 01:57:16 GMT
Hi,
   I have been trying to get a long-running "counter" process up and running
on ODE, but have run into timeout errors when I make repeated calls to the
process. Specifically, my process has a receive to initiate the process, and
then another receive in a while loop that increments the counter. The
initial call, and the first call to the increment operation appear to work
fine. Subsequent calls to the increment operation, however, simply time out,
and nothing is returned.

   Initially I was working with my own process, but then decided to try out
a sample "counter" process (which I found here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ode/trunk/bpel-test/src/test/resources/bpel/2.0/TestCounter/)
to 1) make sure that this process executed properly, and then 2) try and
figure out what was going wrong with my own code. To my surprise, this
process exhibited the same behaviour* (timeouts on increment calls after the
first one), which makes me think that either I'm passing the wrong
parameters into the process, or that there's a problem with my ODE setup.

   To test out whether the problem was with all correlation-based processes,
I wrote another process that has a sequence of different correlated receive
operations, and this one works fine. However, calling different operations
within a loop (using a pick within a while loop, for instance) results in
the same timeout problem. Thus, it seems that the problem is with calling
receive(s) multiple times within a loop (while, do-while, for-each, etc.)

   I am running Apache Tomcat 5.5.27 on Unix, and using ODE 1.3.3. For what
it's worth, I'm using NetBeans to write my BPEL processes, but I haven't had
problems with other processes I've written, so I don't think it's a NetBeans
issue.

   I've attached the code for my counter process, as well as the code for
the working sequential correlation process. I also pasted my SOAP calls to
the counter process (generated using SoapUI) so that you can see what I've
tried there. I suspect that either there is something wrong with my
Apache/ODE setup or I am misunderstanding something fundamental about how
correlation sets work -- I'm relatively new to BPEL and web services, so
this is a definite possibility :)

   Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Dave Chodos

* When doing one last test this morning, I found that the counter process is
now timing out on the first attempt to call getAndIncrement, rather than the
second, like it was doing last night. Not sure what to make of this...
However, it is definitely not working as expected :(

*** call to init operation ***
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:coun="http://example.com/bpel/counter">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <coun:init>
         <name>testProc</name>
         <alias>testProcAlias</alias>
      </coun:init>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

*** call to getAndIncrement operation ***
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:coun="http://example.com/bpel/counter">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <coun:getAndIncrement>
         <name>testProc</name>
         <alias>testProcAlias</alias>
      </coun:getAndIncrement>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Mime
View raw message