ode-user mailing list archives

From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions re ODE2.0-beta
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 21:20:29 GMT
Hi Dawg,

On 27.01.2010 14:56, dawg wrote:
> 1. The instance management implementation of fault() is empty at the moment.
> Is there a plan to implement it?

Since it is part of the API it should be implemented. However AFAIK
nobody is currently working on that. If you'd want to create and submit
a patch, that would be highly appreciated ;)

> 2. I could not get correlation to work with 2.0. Is there a known problem
> with it or is the problem local for me only?

A couple of weeks ago I've fixed an issue related to correlation. Please
see ODE-721, perhaps it's the root cause for your problems, too?

> 3. Implicit initialisation for variables - this is one of the more annoying
> side effects of using ODE comparing to other bpel engines. Is there a plan
> to enhance this behaviour? (I know its part of the bpel spec, but it makes
> the development of complex processes quite hard as you have to explicitly
> initialise all variables before you can use them).

I tend to agree but the problem is that the initialization mechanism
will never be complete as it is impossible to guess if or how many
optional elements/attributes should be placed in the variable. Hence, I
really think this issue should be properly tackled by BPEL designers,
not by the engine itself. However, if someone is willing to provide
concept and implementation for such a feature, I'd be the last one who
would object to incorporate into ODE (as long as it does not break the
standard behavior).

Best,
  Tammo

--